Wednesday, April 08, 2009

It's been a while...

Its been a while since I last put up a half-decent post. To tell the truth, the lack of posting is partially due to laziness, partially due to business with school and partially because I've been in a writing funk for a while now. While I'm only trying to get back into writing, I have at least found some new-ness to amuse myself with. I have discovered a love of web comics and believe that they are far superior to their print cousins. I've read Ctrl+Alt+Del for a while now, but have recently come across or have had suggested to me some other wonderful comics:

Hark! A Vagrant
Instant Classic
Genrezvous Point
Thinkin' Lincoln

------------------

Some other interesting things:

While I haven't been updating my blog, that doesn't mean that my blog life has been totally dead. I check LifeHacker pretty religiously for my techy goodness, and I have started following Neil Gaiman's blog as well. Neil is one of my favourite authors and the writer of Stardust, Anansi Boys, Coraline, et al. He's also been blogging pretty much for as long as blogging has been around, which is pretty neat. Add to that the fact that he is writer and you have a pretty good formula for some interesting and informative posts.

I'm also on Twitter now (@vydramike). I'm still working on making regular posts there as well, but I'm also trying to figure out how to make interesting posts fit in 140 characters, and when I can't even post here regularly you can see why that may be a challenge. You'd think that since I can post to Twitter from my cell phone that this wouldn't be as much of an issue, but meh.

------------------

School is almost done for the year (with the exception of some summer courses) and I really couldn't be happier. Two exams down, and three to go. Yays! Now, to get a job...



Edit: I've also taken a look at the blog's current layout and decided that there are some issues with it, some things I don't like, so I'll probably make some changes to it, to make it a little more light in its colouring... when I find the time ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment